Peninsula Home Care’s “Unsung Heroes Caregivers Contest” is meant to acknowledge the people who selflessly serve others without asking anything back: Caregivers of senior citizens. Since 1985, the nurses, case managers, therapists and aides of Peninsula Home Care of Maryland and Peninsula Home Care at Nanticoke have served side by side with thousands of these generous people, inspired by the time, effort and energy they expend caring for those they love.
Peninsula Home Care is proud to present the Unsung Heroes Caregivers Contest which will run from Monday, November 5 to Wednesday, November 28, 2018. Anyone can nominate a Caregiver who cares for a “senior” aged 50 or above as detailed in the “Eligibility” section, below. The nominator can complete the form on our website at www.peninsulahomecare.com.
Two winners – one from Maryland and one from Delaware – will be announced on December 3, 2018.
Questions about the contest can be sent to Unsung@peninsulahomecare.com with “Heroes Question” in the subject line.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING NOVEMBER 5, 2018 THROUGH NOVEMBER 28, 2018. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BETWEEN DECEMBER 3 AND DECEMBER 5, 2018. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
It is understood that businesses participating in this Contest are doing so in good faith and with the hopes that the community will receive this contest in good will.
- NOMINATORS: The Unsung Heroes Caregiver Contest is open only to individual legal U.S. citizens anywhere on the Delmarva Peninsula who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the age of majority as of the date of entry.
- NOMINEES: Nominees submitted by nominators must be 18 years of age or older, caring for a family member aged 50 or older who suffers from a chronic illness, chronic injury or is mentally or physically disabled.
Contest is void where prohibited or restricted. Employees of Sponsors (as defined below), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents of Sponsors and each of their respective immediate families and household members (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter this Contest.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: TWO (2) Winners will be announced in accordance with the dates above. Winners will be determined by Sponsor and its Partners by November 30, 2018. If a Winner has been nominated by a third party, said Winner will be required to accept the terms set in this document or will forfeit their position and a new Winner will be selected. The contest Winner will be notified between DECEMBER 3 AND DECEMBER 5, 2018. Prizes will be delivered between December 3 and December 7. The “reveal” of the makeovers will be made December 12, 2018 (in accordance with media availability) and include an appearance on WBOC’s television program “Delmarva Life” and other media outlets.
- PRIZES/ODDS & PRIZE PACKAGE: Peninsula Home Care will supply the prize package which will include a “makeover” for a woman or a man (haircut/style, hair color if desired, manicure and/or pedicure, as desired; gifts cards for apparel, footwear and other products.). Other vendors may offer other products and services. This page will be updated should any prizes be added.
The approximate retail value is between $1,000-$2,000 depending on the services provided. Additional prize restrictions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Odds of winning depend upon the number and content of the eligible Entries received. All Prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient eligible Entries are received, and, after reasonable attempts, winners are verified).
The Prize Winner may not substitute, assign, or transfer any prize or redeem any non-monetary prize for money, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to substitute any prize (or prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Sponsors are responsible only for delivery of each prize and are not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise unless specifically stated in prize package above. Taxes, fees, and any other costs associated with acceptance and use of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Limit of one Prize package per person/household for the entire Promotion Period.
- PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION AND PRIZE DELIVERY: Winner will be notified by email, regular mail and/or phone at Sponsors’ discretion, using the contact information provided upon registration and associated with their winning Entry. Each Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, and/or IRS Form W-9, and, where permitted, a publicity release (collectively, “Affidavit”) prior to delivery of the Prize.
If a potential Prize Winner does not respond within three (3) days of the first winner notification attempt, or if Prize Winner does not sign and return Affidavit within five (5) days of delivery, or if such potential Prize Winner declines a Prize for any reason prior to award is found to be ineligible or cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential Prize Winner may be subject to disqualification, their prize subject to forfeiture, and the second place finalist will be deemed winner, and so on and so forth. By accepting the Prize Package, the Winner consents and agrees to Sponsors’ use of Prize Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo and/or Prize information for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. A Prize Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the Prize(s) awarded in this Contest.
- USE OF ENTRANT INFO FOR MARKETING PURPOSES: By entering this Contest, entrant agrees that unless entrant otherwise opts out of the Contest Site, sponsors and their designees may use entrant’s physical and/or email address to contact entrant regarding Sponsors’ programming, products and other offers and/or promotions that Sponsors believe may interest entrant. BY ACCEPTING THIS PRIZE, CONTEST, ENTRANTS GIVE RIGHT TO SPONSOR TO PUBLISH A PHOTO OF THE WINNER WITH THEIR STORY ON WWW.PENINSULAHOMECARE.COM AND ANY OTHER MEDIA SOURCE USED TO PROMOTE CONTEST.