Physical Therapy Assistant: (PT Assistant)
Provide Physical Therapy Services under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist within the confines of state licensing law to individuals, families and groups in accordance with agency policies, procedures, processes and agency code of ethics. This will be done in a manner consistent with efficiency, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Graduate of a two year college level program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association, preferred.
- Proof of satisfactory grade on a proficiency examination conducted, approved or sponsored by the US Public Health Service.
- If initially licensed by the state as a Physical Therapy Assistant prior to 1978, must have two years of appropriate experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant otherwise must have one year Physical Therapy Assistant experience.
- One year home health experience preferred.
- Competency in computer skills.
- Access to transportation in the agency service area(s) with valid drivers license and auto liability insurance.
- Current CPR certification.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, manage multiple projects/changing priorities and employ critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and human relation skills.
- Registered, certified, licensed as required by state law for the profession.